It’s Saturday morning and Debbie has been in the hospital for 1 week. She was eating breakfast with the help of a nurse’s aide when I arrived and seems to be back to her old self, trying to feed herself and making a lot more happy sounds.
I showed her a picture of our grandsons and she started laughing so loudly that two of the nurses came to ask if everything was alright. She definitely is feeling much better.
Some of my friends and family have asked for more detailed status and asked “is there anything I can do.” via phone, facebook, and emails, so I will try to oblige those requests here.
- On Friday, April 1, Debbie took a fall while walking (with help) to the bathroom.
- She didn’t complain of any injury or hurting anywhere.
- On Saturday morning her caregiver noticed fever and redness and serious swelling in Debbie’s right hip area and determined to take Debbie to the ER at Mercy Folsom Hospital.
- I was at mom and dad’s house in Escondido ( near San Diego ) and got a call about Debbie going to hospital.
- I called our daughter, Sheri, and she stepped in and took care of things with the hospital until I was able to return and be at the hospital Monday morning.
- X-rays showed no broken bones but examination revealed a serious abscess.
- Debbie was admitted to hospital and put on IV antibiotics.
- She was scheduled for I&D ( incision and drainage) surgical procedure on Tuesday but that didn’t happen until Wednesday.
- CAT-Scan on Thursday to determine if infection had gotten into bone tissue was negative ( one of those good negatives), also no cats were found
- Debbie is now recovering in hospital in preparation for move to a skilled nursing facility.
How is Debbie doing?
- much better as of today
- very energetic
- vitals are good; blood pressure, blood oxygen level, temp, heart rate, …
- very hungry – she says ” I’m starving” immediately after eating a hospital meal
- Doctor says the wound is healing well
- She’ll hopefully be leaving hospital to a skilled nursing facility on Monday.
What can you do to help?
- Debbie loves me to read blog comments, emails, and facebook posts to her.
- She loves visitors. Mercy Folsom Hospital – room 126.
- Debbie loves anything chocolate.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (King James Version)
16Rejoice evermore. 17Pray without ceasing. 18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.